Recipe by Denise!
My favorite recipe for Vegetarian Sandwiches. The herbed cream cheese and guacamole is a wonderful compliment to red onion, tomatoes and cucumbers. Enjoy!
Top Review by Maito
Pleasantly surprising that the sum is much greater than its parts; each element really adds to it. I used less cheese, tomato for the veggie and dill for the herb (which really made it, I think). I also subbed arugula for the sprouts (personal preference). It was really delicious and satisfying!
- 3 slices marbled rye bread, toasted
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 1 cup assorted vegetables (cucumbers, peppers, mushrooms, red onions, eggplant, tomatoes, etc.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbs (fresh chives, basil, thyme or marjoram)
- 1 bunch alfalfa sprout
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine softened cream cheese with the herbs and spread on one piece of the toast.
- Lay a single layer of veggies, such as cucumber, on top the cream cheese, followed by another layer of veggies.
- I usually layer mushroom on the cucumber.
- Top with two slices of Swiss cheese, followed by the next slice of toast.
- Add another two layers of veggies, tomato and red onion are excellent, two more slices of swiss cheese, and top with sprouts.
- Spread the guacamole on the final piece of toast to form a triple layer sandwich and serve.