Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Nice on toast.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
I love veggie sandwiches and I really enjoyed this one. I've never thought of adding a an egg before but it was just the right touch of protein to make this satisfying, but light. I think next time I'll just leave off the cheese to save on calories and I didn't really taste it anyway. I used vinaigrette instead of Italian dressing. I liked what the dressing added to sandwich. My only issue was that it was a little tough to eat, but I held on tight and managed to keep most of the filling on the bread. I love that I don't feel overly full, but satisfied. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian salad dressing
- 2 leaves butter lettuce
- 6 slices cucumbers, sliced thin
- 4 slices tomatoes, sliced thin
- 8 slices red onions, sliced thin
- 4 slices avocados
- 2 slices cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons bean sprouts