Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice on toast.
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian salad dressing
- 2 leaves butter lettuce
- 6 slices cucumbers, sliced thin
- 4 slices tomatoes, sliced thin
- 8 slices red onions, sliced thin
- 4 slices avocados
- 2 slices cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons bean sprouts
- Toast breads. Mix together mayonnaise and Italian dressing. Spread mayonnaise mixture on toast.
- Add lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, avocado slices, and cheese, (if using).
- Top with bean sprouts, serve with a pickle.
I love veggie sandwiches and I really enjoyed this one. I've never thought of adding a an egg before but it was just the right touch of protein to make this satisfying, but light. I think next time I'll just leave off the cheese to save on calories and I didn't really taste it anyway. I used vinaigrette instead of Italian dressing. I liked what the dressing added to sandwich. My only issue was that it was a little tough to eat, but I held on tight and managed to keep most of the filling on the bread. I love that I don't feel overly full, but satisfied. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Yummy :D. I skipped the cukes and cheese and decided that it was perfect for me that way. It's fresh tasting and somehow just feels healthy while your munching it. Thanks so much Andi for this creation. Made for PAC, Fall 2012
This, to me, is a perfect sandwich! My hubby loves cheeseburgers, so when he has his, I have a cheeseburger without the bun! It's perfet for me. I also added some provolone cheese. Really a great sandwich, Andi! Thanks for sharing. Made for Go For the Green event at KK's forum.