Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a fabulous and healthy recipe - very low on carbs. I use a mixture of chopped vegetables including carrots, asparagus, broccoli, beans, capsicum and anything else I have on hand.
- 8 dried dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in hot water 30 mins chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce, washed dried trimmed into cups
- 750 g chopped vegetables
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 59.14 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 4.92 ml crushed garlic
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 10 water chestnuts, chopped
- 29.58 ml caster sugar
- 29.58 ml bean paste
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml cornflour
- 14.79 ml oyster sauce
- 118.29 ml chicken stock or 118.29 ml water
- Heat peanut oil in large wok.
- Add garlic and vegetables, fry for a few minutes then add soy sauce.
- Fry until cooked but still crunchy.
- Add spring onions and cook for a few minutes.
- Having whisked all the sauce ingredients together, make a well in the middle of the mixture and pour it inches.
- Bring to the boil and stir, simmering for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Sprinkle with pinenuts and serve in the pan to keep warm.
- Serve this with a plate of lettuce cups placing a few spoons of the mixture in the lettuce.