Wendys Kitchen's Note:
This is a fabulous and healthy recipe - very low on carbs. I use a mixture of chopped vegetables including carrots, asparagus, broccoli, beans, capsicum and anything else I have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 dried dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in hot water 30 mins chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce, washed dried trimmed into cups
- 750 g chopped vegetables
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 59.14 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 4.92 ml crushed garlic
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 10 water chestnuts, chopped
- 1Heat peanut oil in large wok.
- 2Add garlic and vegetables, fry for a few minutes then add soy sauce.
- 3Fry until cooked but still crunchy.
- 4Add spring onions and cook for a few minutes.
- 5Having whisked all the sauce ingredients together, make a well in the middle of the mixture and pour it inches.
- 6Bring to the boil and stir, simmering for a few minutes until it thickens.
- 7Sprinkle with pinenuts and serve in the pan to keep warm.
- 8Serve this with a plate of lettuce cups placing a few spoons of the mixture in the lettuce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian San Choy Bau
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.2
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 553.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: