Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fabulous and healthy recipe - very low on carbs. I use a mixture of chopped vegetables including carrots, asparagus, broccoli, beans, capsicum and anything else I have on hand.
- 8 dried dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in hot water 30 mins chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce, washed dried trimmed into cups
- 750 g chopped vegetables
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 59.14 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 4.92 ml crushed garlic
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 10 water chestnuts, chopped
- 29.58 ml caster sugar
- 29.58 ml bean paste
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml cornflour
- 14.79 ml oyster sauce
- 118.29 ml chicken stock or 118.29 ml water
- Heat peanut oil in large wok.
- Add garlic and vegetables, fry for a few minutes then add soy sauce.
- Fry until cooked but still crunchy.
- Add spring onions and cook for a few minutes.
- Having whisked all the sauce ingredients together, make a well in the middle of the mixture and pour it inches.
- Bring to the boil and stir, simmering for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Sprinkle with pinenuts and serve in the pan to keep warm.
- Serve this with a plate of lettuce cups placing a few spoons of the mixture in the lettuce.
Made the dish for my family, we all agreed that it was really sweet. Since we expected it to be savory, we were disappointed. Keep in mind, if you choose to cook it, maybe to not add the sugar, if you want it to be savory.