Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a fabulous and healthy recipe - very low on carbs. I use a mixture of chopped vegetables including carrots, asparagus, broccoli, beans, capsicum and anything else I have on hand.
- 8 dried dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in hot water 30 mins chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce, washed dried trimmed into cups
- 750 g chopped vegetables
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 10 water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons bean paste
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat peanut oil in large wok.
- Add garlic and vegetables, fry for a few minutes then add soy sauce.
- Fry until cooked but still crunchy.
- Add spring onions and cook for a few minutes.
- Having whisked all the sauce ingredients together, make a well in the middle of the mixture and pour it inches.
- Bring to the boil and stir, simmering for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Sprinkle with pinenuts and serve in the pan to keep warm.
- Serve this with a plate of lettuce cups placing a few spoons of the mixture in the lettuce.