Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A beautiful light and crispy focaccia covered with sweet cherry tomatoes and fresh rosemary. Recipe can easy be doubled.
- 225 g plain flour
- 4 g dry yeast
- 150 ml warm water
- 65 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Sift flour into a bowl and add the yeast.
- Pour the oil into the dry ingredients and gradually pour in the warm water whilst mixing. Mix well until a smooth dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 5 minutes. Form a ball.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and place the ball of dough in the centre. Evenly flatten the dough out into desired shape and thickness with hands. I make mine into a round loaf, about 1cm thick.
- Brush some oil over the dough.
- Halve cherry tomatoes and press them into the dough. Press sprigs of rosemary into the dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place for 40 minutes, or until dough has doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Sprinkle generously with sea salt and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and makes a hollow sound when you tap on the surface.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.