1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 sprigs Thai basil
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and chopped
- 125 g bean sprouts, washed,drained,straggly tails removed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 small red carrot, julienned
- 4 large shiitake mushrooms, shredded
- 50 g snap peas, julienned
- 2 -3 red chilies, seeded and julienned
- 1 spring onion, cut into 5 cms lengths
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 85 ml soy sauce
- 85 ml lime juice
- 3 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 1 limes or 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, washed and chopped,to garnish
- 1Cook the noodles in boiling water until al dente (cooked but firm to bite).
- 2Drain well in a colander.
- 3Rinse immediately under cold running water.
- 4Drain again.
- 5Spread on a large plate and set aside.
- 6If your not using them immediately, add a little oil, mix well and set aside.
- 7This is to prevent the noodles from sticking to each other.
- 8Now, heat oil in a wok or skillet.
- 9Once hot, add basil leaves and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- 10Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 11Drain on a paper towel.
- 12Set aside.
- 13Add garlic and stir-fry over medium flame for a few seconds.
- 14Add the remaining vegetables.
- 15Stir-fry until cooked but crunchy (takes about 2 minutes).
- 16Add the noodles, paprika, soy sauce, sugar and lime juice.
- 17Stir-fry till the noodles are thoroughly mixed with all ingredients and heated through.
- 18Transfer to a serving dish.
- 19Garnish with fried basil leaves, corriander leaves, peanuts and lime wedges.
- 20Serve immediately.
- 22Dont eat too much!
- 23Always remember the GOLDEN RULE: Eat a little less to eat a little more!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Rice Noodles With Seasonal Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1597.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: