Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Top Review by bricookie55
This was really good! A couple things I changed: I left out the bean sprouts, snap peas, and peanuts, added some stir-fry veggies from the freezer, and used red chili flakes instead of red chilies. This made even my two year-old exclaim "Mmm! Yummy!" Thanks for the recipe.
- 300 g rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 sprigs Thai basil
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and chopped
- 125 g bean sprouts, washed,drained,straggly tails removed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 small red carrot, julienned
- 4 large shiitake mushrooms, shredded
- 50 g snap peas, julienned
- 2 -3 red chilies, seeded and julienned
- 1 spring onion, cut into 5 cms lengths
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 85 ml soy sauce
- 85 ml lime juice
- 3 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 1 limes or 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, washed and chopped,to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until al dente (cooked but firm to bite).
- Drain well in a colander.
- Rinse immediately under cold running water.
- Drain again.
- Spread on a large plate and set aside.
- If your not using them immediately, add a little oil, mix well and set aside.
- This is to prevent the noodles from sticking to each other.
- Now, heat oil in a wok or skillet.
- Once hot, add basil leaves and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Set aside.
- Add garlic and stir-fry over medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the remaining vegetables.
- Stir-fry until cooked but crunchy (takes about 2 minutes).
- Add the noodles, paprika, soy sauce, sugar and lime juice.
- Stir-fry till the noodles are thoroughly mixed with all ingredients and heated through.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with fried basil leaves, corriander leaves, peanuts and lime wedges.
- Serve immediately.
- Dont eat too much!
- Always remember the GOLDEN RULE: Eat a little less to eat a little more!