Vegetarian Rice, Beans, Squash With Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- Saute in a pan with 1 tablespoon of oil the squash with salt and pepper till tender and golden brown about 5 minutes, remove and keep warm.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to pan and saute onions, celery, garlic till softened.
- Add paste, beans and stock and simmer till stock has been absorbed along with salt and pepper.
- In food processor combine 3 tablespoons of oil, pumpkin seeds, parsley, cilantro, chipotle pepper, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and pulse till coarsley chopped.
- In bowls divide rice, then bean mixture then squash and then the pesto on top.
- Top with a sprig of cilantro.