Kermit in Huntsville's Note:
Another great vegetarian dish or serve with meat or seafood
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rice (cooked, keep warm)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups squash (diced)
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 1/3 cup celery (diced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 540 ml red kidney beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (toasted)
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1Saute in a pan with 1 tablespoon of oil the squash with salt and pepper till tender and golden brown about 5 minutes, remove and keep warm.
- 2Add another tablespoon of oil to pan and saute onions, celery, garlic till softened.
- 3Add paste, beans and stock and simmer till stock has been absorbed along with salt and pepper.
- 4In food processor combine 3 tablespoons of oil, pumpkin seeds, parsley, cilantro, chipotle pepper, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and pulse till coarsley chopped.
- 5In bowls divide rice, then bean mixture then squash and then the pesto on top.
- 6Top with a sprig of cilantro.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Rice, Beans, Squash With Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1132.2
- Calories from Fat 463
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: