Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was just altering a couple of chicken, vegetable, and rice soup recipes to make a vegetarian soup one day and this is what I came up with! If you do decide to add Worthington Fri Chick to the soup also add in the gravy to give it even better flavor.
- 8 cups mock chicken broth (I mix water and Mckays vegan chicken seasoning)
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped (or 1 Tbsp minced onion)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash onion and herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- garlic salt, to taste
- vegetarian chicken substitute (OPTIONAL, I like to use fri chick or soy curls) (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients, except cooked brown rice, in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in rice and remove from heat.