I created this myself after wanting ravioli for a long time and not finding any meatless ones in the store. It is so good even my meat eaters here had THIRDS! Its very simple to make....enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup spinach (fresh or frozen or can)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar ragu traditional pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1/2 cup milk (regular or soy)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash pepper
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag of morningstar farms grillers veggie crumbles
- 1To make sauce put all the ingredients listed for sauce in a large skillet over a simmer on the stove.
- 2To make ravioli dough mix all ingredients except water in a food processor until it looks fluffed,crumbly and coarse like cornmeal.
- 3Now with food processor running add the water slowly until mixed.
- 4Take out and form into 2 balls.
- 5Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/8 inch thick.
- 6I couldn't do that to well so I picked it up and stretched it out a bit that works to!
- 7Cut into 3 inch wide strips and then into 3 inch wide squares.
- 8Put filling from sauce in the center of the square and then put another ravioli dough over that and pinch ends together tightly to seal.
- 9It is ok if a little filling comes out--it will go away during the boiling process.
- 10If you want to eat fresh put in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- 11They fall to bottom of pan and when done will float up and rise to the top.
- 12Take out with a slotted spoon.
- 13Serve with sauce over it.
- 14If you want to freeze these you may freeze them on a cookie sheet until firm and then put in a plastic bag in freezer up to 3 months.
- 15Cooking is the same for frozen ravioli in boiling water but will take 9-10 minutes to cook.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 783.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein