Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I created this myself after wanting ravioli for a long time and not finding any meatless ones in the store. It is so good even my meat eaters here had THIRDS! Its very simple to make....enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup spinach (fresh or frozen or can)
- 1 (26 ounce) jarragu traditional pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1⁄4 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (regular or soy)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash pepper
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bagof morningstar farms grillers veggie crumbles
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- To make sauce put all the ingredients listed for sauce in a large skillet over a simmer on the stove.
- To make ravioli dough mix all ingredients except water in a food processor until it looks fluffed,crumbly and coarse like cornmeal.
- Now with food processor running add the water slowly until mixed.
- Take out and form into 2 balls.
- Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/8 inch thick.
- I couldn't do that to well so I picked it up and stretched it out a bit that works to!
- Cut into 3 inch wide strips and then into 3 inch wide squares.
- Put filling from sauce in the center of the square and then put another ravioli dough over that and pinch ends together tightly to seal.
- It is ok if a little filling comes out--it will go away during the boiling process.
- If you want to eat fresh put in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- They fall to bottom of pan and when done will float up and rise to the top.
- Take out with a slotted spoon.
- Serve with sauce over it.
- If you want to freeze these you may freeze them on a cookie sheet until firm and then put in a plastic bag in freezer up to 3 months.
- Cooking is the same for frozen ravioli in boiling water but will take 9-10 minutes to cook.
also good baked