Recipe by Cookie16
This recipe came from my Aunt. It freezes well and can be adjusted to your taste.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 3 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 3 ounces carrots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 9 ounces cheese ravioletti (frozen, dried or fresh)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- 3 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes in pot with herbs and simmer while preparing other ingredients.
- Heat oil, saute onion and garlic until onions are limp.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Add other vegetables, cook until carrots begin to soften (If veggies begin to stick, add a little water). Add to tomato sauce.
- Cook ravioletti as directed, drain.
- Arrange ravioletti in shallow pan, top with mozzarella and cottage cheese, spreading evenly over the pasta.
- Top with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cook til heated through and cheese is melted.