"Meaty" vegetarian balls. Try taking them to a Pot-Luck dinner and watch the suprised faces when the diners find out there's no meat in them. Also great in spaghetti sauce or meatball Stroganoff. 1/25/07 Editor's Note: PETA has a list of vegan products, and Lipton Onion Soup Mix is vegan. www.petaworld.com/accvegan.asp
- Mix first five ingredients together in order.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Form into 1-1/4 inch balls and place on baking sheet sprayed with Pam.
- Bake in 400 degree oven until brown, about 20 minutes.
- (May be frozen now.) Place meatballs in casserole and cover with 2-3 cups boiling water and 2-3 cubes or envelopes vegetarian brown broth.
- Meatballs should be within 1/2 inch of being covered with liquid.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour (1-1/2 hrs if meatballs are frozen).
- Or meatballs may be prepared in a crockpot on high setting for 1 hour (or 1-1/2 if frozen).