1/4 Photos of Vegetarian "meatballs"
2 hrs 30 mins
Kathleen McDonald's Note:
"Meaty" vegetarian balls. Try taking them to a Pot-Luck dinner and watch the suprised faces when the diners find out there's no meat in them. Also great in spaghetti sauce or meatball Stroganoff. 1/25/07 Editor's Note: PETA has a list of vegan products, and Lipton Onion Soup Mix is vegan. www.petaworld.com/accvegan.asp
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first five ingredients together in order.
- 2Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Form into 1-1/4 inch balls and place on baking sheet sprayed with Pam.
- 4Bake in 400 degree oven until brown, about 20 minutes.
- 5(May be frozen now.) Place meatballs in casserole and cover with 2-3 cups boiling water and 2-3 cubes or envelopes vegetarian brown broth.
- 6Meatballs should be within 1/2 inch of being covered with liquid.
- 7Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour (1-1/2 hrs if meatballs are frozen).
- 8Or meatballs may be prepared in a crockpot on high setting for 1 hour (or 1-1/2 if frozen).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian "meatballs"
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.2
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 245.3 mg
- Sodium 1331.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: