Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great recipe that's easy to make in single serving quantities. It's also low fat and low calorie, and so good for those on a diet. To achieve maximum low-fat, substitute the olive oil for a spray, and/or use a non-stick pan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 ounces soy chorizo
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 1 large burrito size low-fat tortilla
- Section potato into quarters, then slice thin (1/16 inch).
- Finely chop garlic cloves.
- Dice onion and bell pepper.
- Put olive oil into large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and potatoes.
- Cook about 10 minutes, flipping potatoes with a spatula regularly, until the potatoes have started to turn"translucent".
- Add onions, bell peppers, soyrizo, and salsa to the pan.
- Cook about 10 minutes, depending on how soft you like your potatos.
- Put the tortilla on a plate, and serve the mixture from the pan on top of the tortilla.
- If you're not dieting, you can modify the recipe and add some guacamole or grated cheese at this point.
This was lacking something for me. Maybe I'll try cumin next time as suggested.
Very good idea and recipe. I modified a bit (as I always seem to do with just about any recipe...sorry). I cut the potatoes into small cubes and then boiled for 5-10 min before putting it in the pan to brown with the other ingredients. I also browned some quartered mushrooms and zucchini in a little olive oil in a nonstick pan and added some chopped fresh tomatoes. Added some salt, pepper and about a tsp of cumin to the mixture and sprinkled with some shredded mexican cheese blend. This was really yummy! We will definitely make this again