Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. I'm always looking for an easy low-fat lasagna recipe, and I think this would work well. It also sounds pretty healthy, and a great one-dish meal for sure. You can use either whole milk ricotta or low-fat. If you'd prefer you could also use a marinara sauce with meat. Developed by Helene Henderson from her cookbook The Swedish Table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water, salted
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, washed (5 1/4 ounce bag)
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese (15 ounce container)
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated, divided
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into rectangular blocks (2 large)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups marinara sauce, homemade or 2 cups marinara sauce, purchased
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
- 2In medium saucepan bring salted water to boil. Add spinach and cook 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Squeeze out excess, chop, and stir into ricotta.
- 3Add parsley, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of parmesan into cheese mixture. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 4With mandoline or sharp knife, cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices. In a large pot of salted water boil potato sheets until they begin to soften but before they become too soft to handle, about 5 minutes.
- 5Rub butter on bottom of 8x10 inch glass baking dish. Add layer of potatoes, trimming slices to fit if necessary.
- 6Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, spread on a thin layer of marinara, then spread on half the ricotta cheese mixture.
- 7Repeat layers, ending with potatoes and a thin, final layer of marinara, sprinkled with remaining parmesan.
- 8Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil and bake until potatoes are cooked through, about 10-20 minutes more. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving into slices.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Potato Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (635 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 846.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh flat-leaf parsley
lemons, zest of