Cook1 hr 15 mins
Easy and delicious recipe for cabbage roll. A variation of a recipe found in my grandmother's recipe box.
- 1 large cabbage
- 473.18 ml brown rice, cooked
- 453.59 g veggie crumbles
- 118.29 ml onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 14.79 ml sweet paprika
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml vegetable broth
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 340.19 g can diced tomatoes
- 340.19 g can tomato soup
- Core cabbage, place in pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and cover with a lid. Cook until slightly softened. Remove cabbage and place in a dish to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, saute onions and garlic in the olive oil until transparent. Add crumbles, rice, spices, egg, and vegetable broth. Mix well.
- When cabbage is warm to the touch, peel leaves and place on cutting board. You should have six very large leaves.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Divide filling mixture into six equal parts.
- Fill cabbage leaves and roll. Place filled rolls with folded end down into baking dish.
- Combine soup and tomatoes along with tomato juice from can in separate bowl. Add half of soup can worth of water to sauce. Mix well.
- Ladle over rolls. Cover rolls in aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes or until cabbage is easily poked with a fork.