This comes from simple hardy ingredients. A great feel good one dish dinner. Even my kids like it! Adapted from a presentation by Cynthia Liar
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package vegetarian ground beef, yves veggie cuisine
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup organic tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cover medium casserole dish with thin layer of cooking spray, set aside.
- 3Cover bottom of a 2 quart sauce pan, with a thin layer of cooking spray.
- 4Heat pan to medium heat.
- 5Sweat the chopped onions in pan.
- 6Combine garlic,red pepper, shredded cabbage, and spices in pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- 7Add beans, tomato sauce and water.
- 8Let the mixture absorb the water then add the Veggie Ground Round.
- 9Pour mixture into ceramic casserole dish, set aside.
- 10In a one qt sauce pan heat 2 cups of water to boiling Add polenta, stir constantly with a whisk until the mixture begins to thicken.
- 11When it is thick but still spreadable, immediately take off heat and pour over contents in casserole dish.
- 12This happens very quickly.
- 13Spread mixture into corners to cover casserole ideally about a 1/2 inch thick.
- 14Garnish with Parmesan Cheese.
- 15Cover dish and bake for 25 minutes in 350degree F.
- 16Remove cover and bake an additional 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Polenta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.8
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 444.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 19.5 g