Recipe by john21a
This easy and very simple stir fry is different but delicious. I serve it to my vegetarian son, but everyone else enjoys it too.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon finely cut gingerroot
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 cups frozen edamame, thawed (shelled soybeans)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or wok, at medium high heat, add oil, then garlic and ginger; stir for 1 minute. Add pineapple, peanuts and raisins and stir for another minute. Add soybeans, stir for 1 minute.
- Raise heat to high, add rice and red pepper, and stir about 2 minutes. Add sesame oil and soy sauce, and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Shut off heat and stir for another minute or so.