Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This easy and very simple stir fry is different but delicious. I serve it to my vegetarian son, but everyone else enjoys it too.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon finely cut gingerroot
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 cups frozen edamame, thawed (shelled soybeans)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet or wok, at medium high heat, add oil, then garlic and ginger; stir for 1 minute. Add pineapple, peanuts and raisins and stir for another minute. Add soybeans, stir for 1 minute.
- Raise heat to high, add rice and red pepper, and stir about 2 minutes. Add sesame oil and soy sauce, and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Shut off heat and stir for another minute or so.
This was decent. I accidentally put 1 tsp of red pepper flakes instead of half tsp, so it had a little more kick than intended. Kids complained a little, but they ate it. TFS!
very good! i love stir fry so much.. and this one was very good! i love the sweetness of the pineapple against the salty peanut. the only thing is, i dont use oil to stir fry, i usually just use water, it works great. this time i also used a little pineapple juice! it smelled and tasted great!