Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This version of this fabulous street food is from the Chungking of 1953. If you can get Tientsin preserved vegetables (cabbage) and jahtsai (preserved kohlrabi), that's what really belongs in here. The better the noodles, the better the dish.
- Boil a large pot of water & boil noodles until done.
- Drain noodles & mix with 1 T oil. Put on a platter to cool.
- Chop preserved vegetables, peanuts, and scallions as fine as you can.
- Add water to the sesame paste while stirring until smooth.
- SERVING SUGGESTION #1.
- Put each ingredient in a separate container. Serve each person 1/2 bowl of noodles and let them add the condiments and sauces as they desire.
- SERVING SUGGESTION #2.
- Pour garnishes, including sesame paste/ water, on top of the noodles. Serve each person and let them put their own sauces on top.
- You might want to use less of the garnish when serving this way.