Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A great vegetarian dish that is quick to make.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 2 medium zucchini, diced (1/2 pound)
- 1 -2 tablespoon canned diced green chiles (or jalapenos, if preferred)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped california pistachios
- cumin vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned black beans or 1 cup red kidney beans
- 4 pita pocket bread
- Toss corn, zucchini, chiles and 3/4 cup pistachios together with half the Cumin vinaigrette. Warm pita pockets in 350°F oven for about 3 minutes, then halve and fill each half with lettuce, tomato slices and 1/3 cup corn mixture. Add a spoonful of beans to each. Place on plates; drizzle remaining dressing over filling and sprinkle with remaining pistachios.
- Cumin Vinaigrette: Combine 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cumin seed in measuring cup. Stir vigorously to blend.