Recipe by Ann Lesley
My son got interested in table food sooner than I expected and wouldn't let anyone else feed him, so I ended up with a bunch of pea puree in the freezer. I didn't want it to go to waste, so I decided to try it in a soup and it turned out delicious! The amounts are approximate, and you could probably roast whatever vegetables you want. I just used what I had on hand.
- 24 ounces pureed peas
- 4 cups vegetarian beef broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 large onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 4 parsnips
- 1 green pepper
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut the carrots, onion, celery, parsnips, and pepper. You will be pureeing them later, so it doesn't matter what size.
- Toss the vegetables with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread vegetables out on a roasting pan and roast in oven for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- In a large pot, mix pea puree with vegetarian broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down. Add vegetables and then run through it with an immersion blender (or use a conventional blender).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.