2 hrs 15 mins
Ann Lesley's Note:
My son got interested in table food sooner than I expected and wouldn't let anyone else feed him, so I ended up with a bunch of pea puree in the freezer. I didn't want it to go to waste, so I decided to try it in a soup and it turned out delicious! The amounts are approximate, and you could probably roast whatever vegetables you want. I just used what I had on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2Cut the carrots, onion, celery, parsnips, and pepper. You will be pureeing them later, so it doesn't matter what size.
- 3Toss the vegetables with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Spread vegetables out on a roasting pan and roast in oven for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- 5In a large pot, mix pea puree with vegetarian broth and bring to a boil.
- 6Turn heat down. Add vegetables and then run through it with an immersion blender (or use a conventional blender).
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Simmer for about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Pea Soup With Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.9
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian beef broth