Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tastes a lot like liver pate, but it is completely vegetarian. Use this as an appetizer with crakers and raw vegetables, or as a sandwich spread.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups green beans, chopped
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a small skillet. Add onion and salt, and saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes - until the onions begin to brown. Add the beans and saute until they are tender (about 8-10 minutes).
- Combine everything in a food processor until it is all a smooth paste.
Great recipe. I add baby portabella mushrooms and a little ground fennel seed. These ingredients add an even stronger hearty flavor.
Easy to make - boiling the eggs and getting everything mixed together only took about 15 minutes. Ok taste, but I was hoping for a bit of a liver taste like the regular meat pates.
This sounds like a really good recipe and I am thinking of trying it for a big birthday bash in September. A matter of clarification : my friend who is a buddhist vegetarian will not eat this because of the onions. Buddhist vegetarians do not eat onions, garlics, leeks and chives. One must remember that there are different types of vegetarians and they have different requirements. I can however serve this to my Indian vegetarian friends.