1/2 Photos of Vegetarian Pasta E Fagioli Soup
1 hr 15 mins
A vegetarian version of the Olive Garden's tasty classic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces veggie crumbles
- 12 ounces soy sausage
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white beans, undrained (I use Great Northern)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 (12 ounce) cans v8 reduced-sodium vegetable juice cocktail
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 lb ditali pasta, cooked separately
- 1Sauté onion, carrot, celery and garlic and cook until onion is clear (approx 10 minutes). Add veggie crumbles and soy sausage and cook another 3-5 minutes.
- 2Add everything else except pasta, and simmer on low for one hour.
- 3Add pasta to bowls, ladle soup on top. Sprinkle with parmesan before serving.
- 4Note: If you do the first step, you can then throw this soup into the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours or so. In the last half hour, cook the pasta, and you've got a wonderful soup waiting for you at the end of a long day!
- 5Note the second: This recipe freezes beautifully. If you'd rather not make such quantity, you can halve it and just use one can of either chickpeas OR great northern beans.
- 6Note the third: If you prefer a soupier soup, add a can or two of vegetable broth, or thin with water.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Pasta E Fagioli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 784.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 17.7 g