1/4 Photos of Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli (Pasta and Beans)
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This is one of my many variations of the old Italian standby. Please feel free to adjust the types and/or amount of the dried herbs to suit your taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I like lots of garlic, so please suit it to your taste)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 -5 dashes dried rosemary
- 1 dash red pepper flakes (I like more-1 tsp.)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped whole tomatoes, with juices (I've use canned or fresh depending on time of year)
- 3 cups vegetable stock or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tiny pasta (I like ditalini, but any pastene works fine)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or dried) (optional)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1In a large heavy pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- 2Stir in onion with a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Add dried herbs and red pepper flakes into the oil and toss to coat to bring out some of the dried herbs' flavors.
- 4Stir in garlic, and then celery, and carrots and cook for about 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 7If necessary add an additional cup of stock or water and stir in beans and tiny pasta.
- 8Simmer for 6-8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 9Stir in parsley and serve hot with grated parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli (Pasta and Beans)
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 46.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: