Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My kids' stepmother gave me this recipe years ago - at the time, it was one of the only things she could get them to eat. It's a very easy casserole to make, and quite tasty. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray nonstick cooking spray on 13x9x2" baking pan. Put baking pan in oven to warm while preheating.
- Cook the rigatoni in salted water.
- While the rigatoni is cooking, combine the tomatoes, cottage cheese, red pepper flakes, thyme, salt, pepper, and cannelini beans in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked rigatoni to the tomato mixture and combine well. Pour into the baking pan.
- Top with grated mozzarella. Bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Mmmm, a comforting basic pasta casserole with nice flavour. We all enjoyed the addition of the beans and loved the sauce. It was so creamy and not runny at all. However the seasoning needed a bit of adjustment as it was a bit too plain for our tastes. I added some Italian herbs, garlic, onion and chilli powder. Also I reduced the amount of pasta used upping the beans instead (but only because I wanted to use up my beans).
Ill make this recipe again. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for sharing it here.
Made and reviewed for PAC March 2011.