1/2 Photos of Vegetarian Pansit Noodles (Filipino)
Our favorite vegetarian pansit recipe. It's a traditional Filipino dish that is often served on birthdays. Our good filipino friend, Marina, makes this vegetarian pansit for us often and I finally had her sit down and write it out for me so I can make it myself. It's really good for you with all the vegetables and tofu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g rice noodles (bihon noodles)
- 1/2 lb tofu, cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup canola oil, for frying the tofu
- 15 fresh green beans, approximately
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 3 leaves cabbage, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/8 cup soy sauce (or Braggs liquid aminos)
- 2 tablespoons chicken-flavored vegetarian seasoning (I use McKays Vegan Seasoning) or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1Take the rice noodles and soak them in a bowl with warm water and set aside.
- 2Fry the tofu in a pan with the 1/2 cup canola oil. Once the tofu is fried set it aside on paper towels.
- 3In a large pan or wok heat the 2 Tbsp canola oil with the garlic and onion until the garlic is slightly brown and the onion turned clear.
- 4Add the green beans, carrots, and bell pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the soy sauce, chicken seasoning, and water. Mix well and then add the fried tofu and cabbage. Simmer again for about 3 minutes.
- 6Drain the noodles and then add them to the vegetables and tofu. Mix it in well and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes more.
- 7Eat right away. :).
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Pansit Noodles (Filipino)
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.3
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 638.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken-flavored vegetarian seasoning