Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was brought to a church potluck and I just had to get the recipe! Enjoy! If desired, this can be made with hamburger meat. For a demonstration on how to make this recipe, go here: http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=247514
- 1 (12 ounce) package veggie crumbles (Morningstar griller)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (or use veggie cheese or cheese of choice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesrefirgerated crescent rolls
- 1 medium red bell pepper (or green) (optional)
- 1 cup salsa (optional)
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded (or other lettuce) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, sliced (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Let veggie crumbles thaw out. Combine veggie crumbles, taco seasoning mix, cheese and water.
- If you use hamburger, cook in frying pan on medium heat 7-9 minutes, or till no longer pink; drain. Remove pan from heat, stir in taco seasoning mix, cheese and water.
- Unroll crescent dough, separate into triangles. Arrange the triangles in a circle on a round 13" pizza pan(or 13" baking stone) with wide ends overlapping in center and points toward the outside.(The open circle in the middle should be 5" diameter). Scoop veggie meat mixture evenly onto the widest end of each triangle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. The filling won't be completely covered.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you want to use the optional garnishes, cut off the top of the bell pepper. Discard the top, membranes and seeds. Fill the pepper with salsa. Shred the lettuce and chop tomato. Chop onion. Place bell pepper in the center of the ring. Arrange the lettuce, tomato, onion and sliced olives around the pepper. Garnish with sour cream if desired.
- To serve, cut into slices. Enjoy!
This was really good. I made it with ground beef instead of the crumbles. I also cut the recipe in half since it was just me and my 2 kidos eating it. They loved it and really enjoyed it when dipped in salsa and sour cream. Thanks so much for sharing. Prepared for PAC Fall/2008.
Delicious and simple! Just the way I like 'em! I used the crumbles and really enjoyed it! This is a great weeknight meal for me , thanks so much for posting!