Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a vegetarian paella which is one of my staple main dish meals.
Make and share this Vegetarian Paella recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 tomatoes
- 8 ounces brown rice
- 8 saffron strands
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 4 ounces green beans
- 4 ounces broccoli
- 8 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Saute the onion in oilive oil in a large, deep frying pan until golden brown.
- Add chopped vegetables and continue for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice, salt to taste, cumin and saffron and coat the rice grains in oil for a few minutes.
- Add stock and bring to boil then lower heat to allow to simmer for around 25 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Add more stock as required.
- Remove from heat and add parsley and lemon juice.