Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it looks delicious! I look forward to making this next week. This recipe is originally from The Food Networks Robin Miller. I wanted to post here to see the official nutrition value for the dish per serving. Yield, prep time and cooking time are taken directly from the original website.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces soy sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, in a can
- 6 -8 saffron threads
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large paella pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add soy sausage and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add artichokes, squash, zucchini, carrots, asparagus, peas, tomatoes, saffron, paprika, and bay leaves, bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Add rice and broth and cook for 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, remove bay leaves and stir in parsley. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
I love how easy this recipe is, easy enough for a weeknight meal! Surprisingly complex flavors. I used Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo. I think I'd like to add quartered mushrooms next time. This is going to be a regular standby in our house!