Recipe by FoodieFoodie
I haven't tried this yet but it looks delicious! I look forward to making this next week. This recipe is originally from The Food Networks Robin Miller. I wanted to post here to see the official nutrition value for the dish per serving. Yield, prep time and cooking time are taken directly from the original website.
Top Review by CinnamonGirl1975
I love how easy this recipe is, easy enough for a weeknight meal! Surprisingly complex flavors. I used Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo. I think I'd like to add quartered mushrooms next time. This is going to be a regular standby in our house!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces soy sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, in a can
- 6 -8 saffron threads
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large paella pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add soy sausage and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add artichokes, squash, zucchini, carrots, asparagus, peas, tomatoes, saffron, paprika, and bay leaves, bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Add rice and broth and cook for 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, remove bay leaves and stir in parsley. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.