1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Paella
1 hr 30 mins
IGA, the supermarket chain in Montreal hands out recipes to its shoppers in order to sell its inline products. I sometimes buy those products, depending on my budget, but I mostly don't, because I like using my favourite brands.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into large chunks
- 3 tablespoons authentico olive oil (or your favourite kind)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 225 g arborio rice
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into segments
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1Pour 3 tablespoons water over saffron in a small bowl and set aside.
- 2Sprinkle salt over the eggplant chunks and let stand in a colander for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- 3Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion, garlic, peppers and eggplant for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika and toss.
- 4Add the rice, then incorporate the vegetable stock, tomatoes, saffron and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered, stirring frequently.
- 6Fold in the mushrooms, green beans and chickpeas.
- 7Cook for another 15 minutes and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Paella
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.1
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 279.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: