Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This Pad Thai is one of my family's favorite dishes. Add a heap of grilled chicken or sea food and you have a delicious high protein meal. Top with your favorite protein: chicken, seafood, tofu, etc. http://www.elanaspantry.com/vegetarian-pad-thai/
- 6 ounces mung bean noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into small spears
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon ume vinegar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, roasted and chopped
- Bring water for noodles to boil in a large pot.
- Cook noodles according to instructions on package, then drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, and then add onion.
- Sauté onions for 10-15 minutes, over medium-low heat until lightly browned.
- Add broccoli and ¼ cup water.
- Cover pan and sauté 5 minutes or so until broccoli turns bright green and begins to soften.
- Stir in garlic and salt.
- Then stir in sesame oil, agave and ume vinegar.
- In a small bowl, combine arrowroot and 1 tablespoon water, stirring vigorously to make a paste without any lumps.
- Pour the paste over the broccoli and mix quickly and vigorously to loosen any of the mixture that sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Place noodles on individual plates, then top with broccoli mixture.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro and peanuts.