Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oyster Sauce isn't vegetarian. It's got oysters. However Pink Cherry Blossom posted one version and here is a second for the Vegetarian version of it. Or if you can find it in the store, just buy it. But in case you want to try making your own...
- 1 hugli mushroom stock cubes
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons chinese brown bean sauce or 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce or 2 tablespoons chickpea miso
- 1 tablespoon sucanat or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the cold water.
- Dissolve the broth cube in the boiling water.
- Mix with the sauce and the sugar in small saucepan and heat to boiling.
- Add the dissolved corn starch and stir until it thickens.
- Cool and store in covered jar.