Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A meatless taco salad that would fool any meat eater, really great flavor and a hit with kids too!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (12 ounce) package Yve's veggie ground round (or alternate product)
- 1 head lettuce (shredded thin)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or vegan substitute)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (or vegan substitute)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (check ingredients)
- 1 dash sugar (or substitute)
- ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 cup chopped corn chips
- In a large bowl add kidney beans, ground round, taco seasoning, refrigerate.
- Mix together the sour cream, dressing, sugar, parsley and pepper.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- Shred lettuce into thin strips.
- Shred cheese, cut up tomatoes and green onions (put in separate bowls).
- Mix bean mixture and the vegetables (onion and tomatoes) together.
- Place shredded lettuce on serving plates.
- Pour bean/vegetable mixture over lettuce.
- Sprinkle with chopped corn chips.
- Pour dressing mixture over all and toss.
- Add shredded cheese over the top and serve.
- TO MAKE RECIPE VEGAN USE VEGAN SUBSTITUTES.