Recipe by Nikoma
Lovely recipe for Autumn! I got the idea from an old cookbook I looked through at a Cottage we rented during the Summer. I couldn't remember the recipe completely, but this is what I came up with tonight and I think it's a keeper!
- 1 (10 ounce) boxboca vegetarian Italian sausages (or aprox 10oz regular Sausage)
- 2 sweet potatoes (aprox 4 cups when sliced after cooking)
- 3 apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into large chunks.
- Boil in salted water until not quite done.
- Drain potatoes, set aside to cool a bit.
- Peel, core and slice your apples.
- Slice your sweet potatoes (like you would for scalloped potatoes).
- Defrost and slice your sausages into coins.
- Add potatoes, apples and sausage to a casserole dish that was lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Now combine the brown sugar, flour, spices and water.
- Pour over top, give it all a quick toss.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
- Note - I'm sure you could sub your favorite vegetarian/vegan sausages for this.I just happened to use the Bocas.