Recipe by kcroghan2003
I designed this dish when food allergies restricted me to a Vegetarian No Wheat diet - I really enjoy it and it's very simple and quick to make.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped (courgette)
- 1 eggplant, sliced longways
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 (300 g) packet firm tofu, sliced
- 1 (200 g) packet frozen spinach, drained and squeezed to eliminate water
- 1 (250 g) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onion and garlic in oil until onion is nearly transparent.
- Add carrot and zucchini and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato pasta sauce and salt and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Steam eggplant slices until soft.
- Line a casserole dish with eggplant slices and top with half of the vegetable mix.
- Layer with half of the tofu slices followed by half of the spinach and repeat with remaining vegetable mix, tofu & spinach.
- Mix the egg whites and the Ricotta cheese well and spread over the top of the lasagna.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top and cook in oven, 180C degrees for approximately 40 minutes.
- Serve hot.