1/1 Photo of Vegetarian "no Chicken" Pot Pie
Im a vegetarian this is a GREAT comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup melted margarine or 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups onion broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped vegetarian chicken strips or 2 cups firm tofu, cut in tiny cubes
- 2 pie crusts (either store bought or your own recipe)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Saute onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in butter for 10 minutes.
- 3Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well Cook one minute stirring constantly.
- 4Combine broth and half and half.
- 5Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- 6Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- 7Stir in salt and pepper and tyme; add tofu and stir well.
- 8Pour into shallow 2 quart casserole dish and top with pie shells.
- 9Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- 10Bake for 40-50 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian "no Chicken" Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.6
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.7 mg
- Sodium 1358.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian chicken strips