Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great,filling vegetarian meal that can be topped many different ways.
- 1 (8 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans (pinto or black refried beans will work)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (add to taste, I usually only use about half)
- corn tortilla chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, pepperjack, queso are all good)
- 2 avocados
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) box Mexican rice (spanish will also work)
- Cook the rice mix as directed.
- While the rice is cooking, mash the avocado, adding in the garlic, tomato, lime juice, and some salt to taste.
- Next, warm the beans through in a frying pan, mixing in about half of the taco seasoning in, to taste.
- Once the rice is done cooking, add it into the beans, mixing well.
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips on a plate, topping with the bean mixture and a layer of cheese. Repeat so you have 2 layers.
- Place either in the microwave or in an oven preheated to 350 for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top with the guacamole, and enjoy. Other toppings that could be added at this time could also be lettuce, sour cream, onions, tomatoes, black olives, jalepeno slices, taco sauce or salsa, or any other nacho topping favorites.