Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from the wife of an attorney I used to work for. She made it one day when she had us over for dinner. They were vegetarians. We were not. But, we loved it and I asked her for the recipe. I still make it when we have vegetarian guests or when we feel like having it ourselves. It is quite good.
- 1 (20 ounce) can veggie burgers
- 9 -10 white button mushrooms, grated
- 2 small potatoes, grated
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons mckay's chicken-flavored vegetarian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons brewer's yeast (nutritional yeast)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Mix all ingredients together and place in greased pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until set, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before cutting in squares.
- Serve hot with brown gravy or mushroon gravy over the top.