24 hrs 20 mins
Queen of Everything's Note:
Not rocket science...but a vegetarian alternative to this YUMMY sandwich for a crowd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian bread (round loaf)
- 1 cup giardiniera (pickled cauliflower and carrot salad)
- 1 cup olive, assorted varieties or your favorite
- 1 cup marinated mushrooms
- 1 cup roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup watercress leaf
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese
- 1/2 lb feta cheese
- 1 cup tomato, thinly sliced
- 1Cut bread in half and hollow out the bottom, leaving only the crust.
- 2In food processor, chop gardineira, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and olives along with marinating liquid from jars.
- 3Spread 1/3 of the veggie mixture on the bottom of the bread.
- 4Layer with provolone cheese.
- 5Layer of roasted peppers.
- 6Layer of watercress.
- 7Layer of veggie mixture.
- 8Layer of feta.
- 9Layer of tomatoes.
- 10Layer of veggie mixture.
- 11Top sandwich with other half of bread.
- 12Wrap sandwich toghtly in plastic and weight or press with a heavy pan or a pan with some cans in it.
- 13Chill overnight.
- 14Slice into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Muffuletta
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 1067.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: