Since I love eggplant and kugel this sounded like a good combination. Using S'kar's recipe as a base, I really liked the results of this new creation. Nice colors and great served with beef.
- Peel and cube eggplant.
- Rinse well and place in pot of water with 1/4 tspn salt.
- Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- While the eggplant is cooking, fry the onion, garlic and peppers in 1 Tbspn oil till just starting to brown.
- Drain the eggplant in a strainer and mash it with a potato masher to make a mush and drain excess water.
- Place eggplant in frying pan with peppers.
- Add 1 Tbspn oil, tomato paste, seasoned bread crumbs, and seasoning (paprika and spicy).
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add egg.
- Oil a pyrex round or square dish with remaining 1 Tbspn of oil.
- Place eggplant mixture in it.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 or microwave on high for about 12 minutes.