1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Moussaka Kugel inspired by S'kar's Eggplant and Green
1 hr 5 mins
Caryn Gale's Note:
Since I love eggplant and kugel this sounded like a good combination. Using S'kar's recipe as a base, I really liked the results of this new creation. Nice colors and great served with beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cube eggplant.
- 2Rinse well and place in pot of water with 1/4 tspn salt.
- 3Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 4While the eggplant is cooking, fry the onion, garlic and peppers in 1 Tbspn oil till just starting to brown.
- 5Drain the eggplant in a strainer and mash it with a potato masher to make a mush and drain excess water.
- 6Place eggplant in frying pan with peppers.
- 7Add 1 Tbspn oil, tomato paste, seasoned bread crumbs, and seasoning (paprika and spicy).
- 8Add salt to taste.
- 9Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- 10Add egg.
- 11Oil a pyrex round or square dish with remaining 1 Tbspn of oil.
- 12Place eggplant mixture in it.
- 13Bake for 45 minutes at 350 or microwave on high for about 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Moussaka Kugel inspired by S'kar's Eggplant and Green
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 295.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g