Recipe by Outta Here
An easy, tasty vegetarian dish. Serve with pita bread.
Top Review by Annacia
Gotta love this! It's delicious, heathy and really easy. I did add a celery stalk because I have some that is needing to be used up and it went very well here. The spiceing is indeed very mild and toward the end of cooking I added a Tbsp of Ras el Hanout which really brought out it's best. :D
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup low-sodium tomato juice
- 2 cups green beans, sliced in 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup kettle, simmer onions and garlic in oil and water until transparent.
- Add potatoes and carrots and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and cumin. Cover and simmer 1 hour. Check occasionally to see if more liquid is needed. If so, add tomato juice as needed.
- Add green beans and cook 15 minutes more.
- Check seasoning and add pepper and more cumin to taste.