Recipe by Sharon123
This is a delicious cloudy broth like the kind served in Japanese restaurants, with diced tofu and seaweed. Adapted from the Everything Vegetrian Cookbook.
- 5 cups vegetable stock (or mushroom stock)
- 1 piece kombu, about 5 inches square-I get from the health food store (kelp, a dried seaweed)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light miso (yellow or white)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 ounces firm tofu, diced into small cubes
- 4 teaspoons wakame seaweed (instant)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the stock and kombu to a boil n a soup pot. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. strain; stir in soy sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, mix about 1/4 cup of the warm stock into the miso paste with a wire whisk until the miso is dissolved.
- Pour this mixture back into the remaining stock. Place scallions, diced tofu, and wakame seaweed into four bowls.
- Gently ladle soup into the bowls. Enjoy!