1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Miso Soup
This is a delicious cloudy broth like the kind served in Japanese restaurants, with diced tofu and seaweed. Adapted from the Everything Vegetrian Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups vegetable stock (or mushroom stock)
- 1 piece kombu, about 5 inches square-I get from the health food store (kelp, a dried seaweed)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light miso (yellow or white)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 ounces firm tofu, diced into small cubes
- 4 teaspoons wakame seaweed (instant)
- 1Bring the stock and kombu to a boil n a soup pot. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. strain; stir in soy sauce.
- 2In a mixing bowl, mix about 1/4 cup of the warm stock into the miso paste with a wire whisk until the miso is dissolved.
- 3Pour this mixture back into the remaining stock. Place scallions, diced tofu, and wakame seaweed into four bowls.
- 4Gently ladle soup into the bowls. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Miso Soup
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 13.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 86.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: