- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) cansmall red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (28 ounce) canorganic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups water
- 2 small green zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup ditalini
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in pan and add onions, celery, zucchini, carrots until onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add the 4 cups of water and dried spices and bring to boil and simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add tomatoes and beans and ditalini and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Check seasoning and add salt to taste.