Recipe by Sueie
Nothing like a big bowl of warming soup on a chilly evening. Hearty enough to be a meal in itself.
Top Review by eatrealfood
rarely is something as light and nutritious as tasty as this. i thought this recipe was very flexible so i just adapted it to include whatever veggies i had on hand, so i threw in some peas and corn too. i used fresh basil and i little extra seasoning. i also used some knorr veg stock instead of just water. dusted with parmesan, this was a delightful little supper with a crusty homemade bread.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup beans, chopped
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ground black pepper
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked macaroni
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion in saucepan with one tablespoon water and saute until clear.
- Add remaining water and vegetables and bring to the boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add macaroni, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Place in large bowls, sprinkle with cheese, and serve with crusty bread.