Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
1. Who loves Mexican? I do! 2. Who loves a meal that can be quickly thrown together in one pan? I do!This is a go-to meal for those days when you're starving and need to whip something up in a jiffy. This recipe is in a pretty basic form and can easily be jazzed up to suit your tastes.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and saute green pepper and onion over medium heat until onion is translucent (just a few minutes).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook 3-5 minutes. Just spoon into a bowl and top with cheese, avocado, olives, jalepenos, etc. and voila!
- * The leftover tomatoes can be frozen in one or two small tupperware to be used later.
- ** I make it even simpler by using an all-natural taco seasoning (Simply Organic or Trader Joes both make good ones), but you can also mix up your own blend of cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne (if you like it spicy).
Oh yum, what a great, satisfying and healthy meal! I loved the combination of rice, tomato and beans with the taco seasoning. Mmmm! I made a few subs due to what I had on hand: I used a green variety of great northern beans instead of black beans, no corn and a mix of wild, red and brown rice. I followed your suggestion and made my own taco seasoning. Next time I might add some jalapenos for heat. This is a very versatile, quick and easy recipe that we all enjoyed. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing, thesinglebite!
Made and reviewed for one of my babies during PAC Spring 2012.