Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
In an attempt to reduce meat consumption in the house I threw together some "stuff" I had and came up with this little dish. Its simple and I thought tasty. On a budget trial and error sometimes is a blessing in a casserole dish ;)
- 10 ounces Mexican rice mix (Used Ol Elpaso Mexican cheesy rice out of the box)
- 1 lb veggie crumbles (used morningstar bag of meatless crumbles, average sized bag)
- 9 corn tortillas
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (any brand will do)
- 2 cups cheese
- taco sauce
- Season meatless crumbles with the taco seasoning using only 1/4 cup water.
- Prepare cheesy rice as directed.
- In a 2 quart round dish spray cooking spray.
- Coat bottom with Taco Sauce.
- Layer 3 corn tortilas, Rice, meat, cheese.
- 3 tortilas, rice, meat, cheese.
- 3 tortilas, sauce, cheese.
- Bake at 300 for 20 minutes.
- I didnt have Picante at the time so I just used reg Ortega Mild Taco sauce. You can use picante if desired.