Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another recipe that I threw together to serve to my "almost" vegetarian friend I am not a vegetarian but really enjoyed this recipe. You may vary the veggies that you put in it - It may even be part of "clean the fridge" of leftover veggies. The prepared meat substitute is pre cooked and only needs ro be warmed through. Serve with pasta or rice. Cooked Macaroni may even be mixed in with it in the pan. An avocado is nice on the side. Use hot, medium or mild salsa, homemade or bought . Season with salt & Pepper. Serve with a nice green side salad.
- 1 (340 g) package vegetarian ground beef, mexican
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup sugar snap pea, ends removed and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 teaspoon pico de gallo, spice (optional)
- 1 cup salsa
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, turn heat to medium add onions mushrooms and garlic, stir fry until well browned.
- Add carrots cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add Tomatoes, stir.
- Add peas stir cook one minute.
- Crumble the veggie ground round into the skillet, mix well.
- Cover and let it heat through over med-low heat, stir a couple of times (apprx 10 minutes).
- Serve with cooked pasta or rice.
- Divide the salsa over each serving on the plates or serve it on the side.
Sounds excellent, Bergy!!! I have a neice who needs recipes and she is a vegetarian, so will pass this on. Thank you!! Love, Becky
This is an excellent recipe! I added corn to the whole mixture and then wrapped it all up in a tortilla like a burrito. It was a huge success with my family.