Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My co-worker made one of these, and I was lucky enough to be able to buy it in an auction. YUMMY! The texture was perfect, and there was no grease, unlike in a traditional meatloaf. I highly recommend it. He got the recipe from a BOCA Ground Crumbles package.
- 12 ounces soy crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Heat oven to 350°F
- If crumbles are frozen, microwave crumbles in medium bowl on high for 1-1/2 minute
- Add all remaining ingredients except ketchup; mix lightly. Let stand 5 minute.
- Shape into loaf in 8-inch pie plate; top with ketchup.
- Bake35 minute or until center is done (160ºF).
This was so good. I used BBQ sauce and added some tomatoe sauce to the mixture to pull it all together so it would not fall apart. It still did a little but not too bad. I put the rest of the tomatoe sauce over the top. I will make this again.
This was pretty good! The flavor was delicious and it reminded me of the meat version enough to make it satisfy the craving I was having but was way healthier. My only complaint was that the loaf didn't hold up terribly well, it kind of crumbled a bit more than I like my meatloaf crumbling, but the taste was great so that's a small price to pay. Thanks for this recipe!