Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an awesome vegetarian meatloaf! My daughter made it first, and gave me the recipe, and I cant get enough of it. (Im not even a vegetarian) You can buy Veggieburger at Kroger stores.
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 (8 ounce) container veggie burgers
- 2 tablespoons real butter
- 4 slices whole wheat bread (torn into pieces) or 4 slices nut bread (torn into pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- brown sugar (no specified amount)
- ketchup (No specified amount)
- additional butter
- 1 -2 dash garlic powder (sprinkle in a dash or 2)
- 1 dash sage (sprinkle in a dash)
- In frying pan, brown onions in butter.
- Mix veggieburger, onions & butter that you have browned, eggs, bread, sage, garlic powder and cheese.
- Before putting mixture in 9" X 13" pan, butter the bottom & sides of pan. Then layer the bottom with brown sugar. Drizzle ketchup on top -- then you are ready to put mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees covered with foil for 45 minutes. Take off foil for the last 15 minutes to brown the top.
- Then eat! =o).
- Total bake time = 1 hour.
Veggie burger patties. Really?
This was excellent! I used the morning star grillers veggie burgers and fresh garlic. I used my mini chopper to chop the veggie burgers, onions, and bread. I also served with katsup for the kids and A1 sauce for the grown ups. This is now in our regular rotation!
We really enjoyed this. We made it without changing a thing. Thanks so much-were are always happy to add to our veggie entrees!