Recipe by KT9791
I found this recipe on a blog, and tried it for a meat-free alternative with homemade tomato sauce and spaghetti. I grew up eating a version made with tofu, and enjoy the flavor of these more. I'll definitely be making them again!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop pecans in a food processor.
- Add breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat, but might try 4 slices of toasted Italian bread next time).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until blended.
- Spray your hands with cooking spray or olive oil and roll 2 inch round balls.
- Place balls into prepared 9 by 13 glass dish. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.