Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
fiddled with one of the highly rated real meat recipes and i think this is a pretty good substitute
- 340 g Yve's veggie ground round (one pkg, about 1.5 cups crumbled)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten (gluten flour)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 garlic clove (large, minced or crushed)
- 1⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 vegetable bouillon cube (i use mckormack's beef flavor)
- preheat oven to 350f.
- mix spices and gluten with dry bread crumbs. separately mix broth cube with hot water.
- stir together ground round, egg, and cheeses. add the strong broth mix and the bread crumb mix and stir well. let sit for a few moments for liquid to soak into powders.
- form into 1-2" balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. bake for 25min, turning once during cooking.
- simmer in your favorite pasta sauce while your spaghetti cooks and serve with cheese and garlic bread.
I tried this recipe tonight and it turned out great! My husband, who is a vegetarian, enjoyed the addition to our usual pasta + sauce dish and requested that we have it again. Thank you!